CPC30111 Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying
The Bricklaying Apprenticeship course has been developed in discussion with industry leaders. Students can be confident in knowing the course material is highly relevant and up-to-date with the progressing industry.
Structure your apprenticeship training around your current work commitments and gain the skills you need to secure your future in a career of bricklaying.
This qualification is current and the latest release. Please visit training.gov.au for more details.
The qualification has core unit competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry, as well as a specialist field of work.
Course & Vocational Outcomes
This Qualification provides a trade outcome in bricklaying/blocklaying operations for residential and commercial construction work.
The candidate must complete 27 units – 21 core units and 6 electives.
Qualification & Career Pathways
Employment & Career Path opportunities include developing more specialised technical skills and knowledge for working in a range of bricklaying and blocklaying environments.
This is a nationally accredited, formal qualification recognised as part of the Australian Qualifications Framework.
After completion of this qualification you have a range of opportunities to continue your studies at Certificate IV level in:
- Building & Construction
This course is scheduled over 48 months (4 years).
Visit Apprenticeship page for more information about how our apprenticeship training is delivered.
CORE UNITS (ALL REQUIRED)
- CPCCCA3002A Carry out setting out
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2006B Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCCM2008B Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- CPCCCM2009A Carry out basic demolition
- CPCCBL2001A Handle and prepare bricklaying and blocklaying materials
- CPCCBL2002A Use bricklaying and blocklaying tools and equipment
- CPCCBL3002A Carry out masonry veneer construction
- CPCCBL3003A Carry out cavity brick construction
- CPCCBL3004A Construct masonry steps and stairs
- CPCCBL3005A Lay masonry walls and corners
- CPCCBL3006A Lay multi-thickness walls and piers
- CPCCBL3009A Install flashings and damp proof course
- CPCCBL3010A Construct masonry arches
- CPCCBL3011A Construct curved walls
- CPCCBL3014A Install fire-rated masonry construction
ELECTIVE UNITS – Group A: Advanced brick and blocklaying
- CPCCBL3001A Lay paving
- CPCCBL3012A Construct fireplaces and chimneys
- CPCCBL3018A Install aerated autoclaved concrete products
- CPCCBL3015A Construct decorative brickwork
ELECTIVE UNITS – Group B: General elective units
- CPCCCM2007B Use explosive power tools
- BSBSMB301 – Investigate micro business opportunities
- CPCCCO2013A Carry out concreting to simple forms
- CPCCSF2004A Place and fix reinforcement materials
Before you enrol in the course, please view our Student Handbook on our Terms of Service page for our policies on refunds, privacy and more.