CPC31220 Certificate III in Wall & Ceiling Lining
This qualification is current and the latest release. Please visit training.gov.au for more details.
The qualification has core unit competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry, as well as a specialist field of work.
- Wall & Ceiling Liner/Plasterer
Course & Vocational Outcomes
This Qualification provides a trade outcome in Wall and Ceiling Lining (plastering) operations for residential and commercial construction work.
The candidate must complete 29 units – 22 core and 7 electives.
Qualification & Career Pathways
Employment & Career Path opportunities include developing more specialised technical skills and knowledge for working in a range of wall and ceiling lining environments.
This is a nationally accredited, formal qualification recognised as part of the Australian Qualifications Framework.
After completion of this qualification you have a range of opportunities to continue your studies at Certificate IV level in:
- Building and Construction
This course is scheduled over 48 months (4 years).
Visit Apprenticeship page for more information about how our apprenticeship training is delivered.
CORE UNITS (ALL REQUIRED)
- CPCCPB3007A Apply levels of finish standards to planning and inspection of own work
- CPCCPB3006A Fix fibre cement board
- CPCCPB3005A Fix ceiling sheets to external protected areas
- CPCCPB3008A Mix plastering compounds
- CPCCPB3009A Finish plasterboard joins manually
- CPCCPB3012A Cut and fix paper-faced cornices
- CPCCPB3011A Finish category 1 and 2 wet areas
- CPCCPB3010A Manually sand plaster work
- CPCCPB3004A Fix wet area sheets
- CPCCPB3003A Fix battens
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
- CPCCPB3002A Fix standard plasterboard ceiling sheets
- CPCCPB3001A Fix standard plasterboard wall sheets
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCA3014A Construct bulkheads
- CPCCCA3015A Assemble partitions
- CPCCCM2006B Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCCM2007B Use explosive power tools
- CPCCWC3001 A Install and finish plasterboard and fibre cement sheeting to curved walls and ceilings
- CPCCWC3003A Install dry wall passive fire-rated systems
- CPCCWC3004A Install suspended ceilings
- CPCCPB3025A Store Plasterboard and related products
- CPCCCM2008B – Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- CPCCPB3014A – Install batt insulation products
- CPCCCA3001A – Carry out general demolition of minor building structures
Before you enrol in the course, please view our Student Handbook on our Terms of Service page for our policies on refunds, privacy and more.