CPC31311 Certificate III in Wall & Floor Tiling
The tiling apprenticeship course is based on the current industry environment. Students can be confident in knowing the course material is highly relevant and up-to-date with the progressing industry.
Students can structure their tiling apprenticeship training around current work commitments and gain the skills needed for a trade career, while they earn.
This qualification is current and the latest release. Please visit training.gov.au for more details.
The qualification has core unit competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry, as well as a specialist field of work.
- Wall and floor tiler
Course & Vocational Outcomes
This Qualification provides a trade outcome in wall and floor tiling operations for residential and commercial construction work.
The candidate must complete 19 units – 16 core and 3 electives.
Qualification & Career Pathways
Employment & Career Path opportunities include developing more specialised technical skills and knowledge for working in a range of tiling environments.
This is a nationally accredited, formal qualification recognised as part of the Australian Qualifications Framework.
After completion of this qualification you have a range of opportunities to continue your studies at Certificate IV level in:
- Building & Construction
This course is scheduled over 48 months (Apprenticeship) and 3 months (Trades Assessment).
CORE UNITS (ALL REQUIRED)
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specification
- CPCCCM2006B Apply basic levelling procedures
- CPCCWF2001A Handle wall and floor tiling materials
- CPCCWF2002A Use wall and floor tiling tools and equipment
- CPCCWF3001A Prepare surfaces for tiling application
- CPCCWF3002A Fix floor tiles
- CPCCWF3003A Fix wall tiles
- CPCCWF3004A Repair wall and floor tiles
- CPCCWF3006A Carry out mosaic tiling
- CPCCWF3007A Tile curved surfaces
- CPCCWP3002A Apply waterproofing process to internal wet areas
ELECTIVE UNITS – 3 required
- CPCCWF3005A Carry out decorative tiling
- CPCCWF3008A Tile domestic pools and spas
- CPCCWP3003A Apply waterproofing process to external wet areas
- CPCCCM2008B Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- CPCCCO2013A Carry out concreting to simple forms
Before you enrol in the course, please view our Student Handbook on our Terms of Service page for our policies on refunds, privacy and more.